Design Research Tokyo: Season 2 Episode 3
With Erin "Folletto" Casali
￥1000（Pay at the door）
About the event
Join us for a casual, interview-style event that will cover the following topics:
- Design and research for 34%+ of the web
- Professional growth and engaging with design communities
- Design leadership, distributed teams and managing feedback
Erin Casali, known as “Folletto”, is a product design director and startup advisor. She has a hybrid background in design, psychology, business, and technology. Her objective is to change for better the quality of life of the people through the products she designs and leads. She currently works in Automattic, maker of WordPress.com.
She believes that “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”, as Leonardo DaVinci reportedly said and her approach is to reach a focused simplicity through the existing complexity.
During her 17+ years of professional experience she designed consumer and enterprise products and services for millions of users worldwide in different markets — and with WordPress, 34%+ of the web. She worked with companies like Bank of England, Intesa Sanpaolo, Banca Sella, Unicredit, Nokia, Vodafone, Telecom Italia, Ferrari, and Benetton.
She co-founded Good 50×70, an international social communication project and Baker Framework, a platform to publish HTML5 books and magazines on the iPad.
She was a design partner in the startup WideTag where she led the product design of WideNoise, listed in the Compasso D’Oro selection, the ADI Design Index 2010, and selected in the Top 10 Internet of Things Products of 2009.
She developed with Gianandrea Giacoma Motivational Design, a method that provides a theoretical approach and tools to deal with social dynamics and design social environments.
- 19:00- Doors open / eating and chatting
- 19:30-20:00 Interview
- 20:00-20:30 Q&A with the audience
- 20:30-21:00 Networking
We welcome a wide audience of attendees, with backgrounds in design, strategy, research and technology. Please pay 1,000 JPY at the door to help cover food and drinks.
About Design Research Tokyo
DRT is a community of design research practitioners in Tokyo, established in late 2018. We create face-to-face opportunities to learn from each other, curating events in different formats to feed our respective work in the broad context of research.
- If you can't make it out, please cancel your Connpass registration to make space for someone else to participate.
- By signing up, you agree that DRT can take photos to publish on social media and community collateral. If you would prefer not to have your face in the photos, please speak with an organizer at the registration desk before the event.
- DRT strives to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for practitioners to learn together. Be respectful, be kind. If you see or experience anything that goes against these goals, please contact an organizer.
Media View all Media
If you add event media, up to 3 items will be shown here.